Committed to safe, reliable & affordable water for our community.
Are your water bills too high? If you think so, I agree with you!
Not only are rates too high, the State is planning to dramatically restrict your individual water use – meaning rates will rise further. We must stop the State from dictating our local affairs!
- In lower water costs and freedom to use water we have developed locally over the past 30 years without State interference;
- Water is a public trust and we should be good and diligent stewards of our natural resources;
- The best government is small government, closest to the people and more attuned and responsive to its constituency;
- The State should use some of its $100B budget surplus NOW and build massive storage for the whole state to catch runoff before it reaches the sea.
During my term at Rincon, just a few of the things we accomplished have been:
- We supported building the Carlsbad desalination plant;
- I chaired a group of North County agencies that changed the way the San Diego County Water Authority charges for water, saving more than $1M/yr;
- We helped our customers save more than 100 million gallons by detecting leaks through technology;
- We returned more than $1.2M in overcharges by MWD directly to you this year.
THANK YOU for entrusting me with important and difficult decisions on your water. I am humbled by your support and will continue to fight for our local rights, lower costs, more reliable and higher quality water!